Twitter advertising is now open to all users. I decided to start experimenting with it. First thing they ask you is to choose the location of you audience. I choose to target the Chicago, IL metro area. Next they give you the option to choose you audience based on their interests or to target followers of other Twitter users. This is very interesting because I follow many of my fellow Chicago web designers in a custom list that I put together a few months ago.
1. Target your location and the followers of you competitors. Notice how it displays your potential audience size on the right.
2. More targeting options let you segment audience by different devices or genders.
3. Compose a new tweet or promote previous tweets.
4. Choose your budget.
5. Enter Payment
6. There are two advertising options; basic or advanced. I choose basic because I don’t need any of the advanced options right now and I would prefer the simple setup for speed and efficiency.
7. This shows a comparison of basic and advanced features.
8. Your Done!
Stay tuned for the results.